EMERGENCY CLASS CANCELLATIONS
- WEATHER : SDC will be closed in severe weather conditions and when severe weather is predicted. Despite over 11 years of attempts, SDC does not control the weather. Also despite over 11 years of attempts, makeup classes for weather cancellations are exceptionally poorly attended. Therefore starting this Fall, we will no longer schedule makeups for acts of God such as severe weather. Typically, SDC will follow Hempfield School District weather closings; the exceptions being if the weather starts off badly but clears up sufficiently in the afternoon to hold classes, or if bad weather is predicted in the morning but does not arrive. Of course, local conditions do vary considerably so please always use your own best judgement regarding safe driving conditions.
- FACULTY EMERGENCY: You will be notified if a class must be cancelled due to faculty illness or other emergency, and those classes will either be substituted or be rescheduled. In some cases this means having class with a different teacher or substituting a modern for a ballet or vice versa.
- CONTACT WITH YOU RE CANCELLATIONS: We make every effort to be in touch if a class is cancelled. Generally you will be notified by email. When time permits it will also be posted on the SDC website at SusqueDance.com in an announcement bar at the top of the home page. We will also sometimes send an automated phone message or text if time is short.
- DOUBLE CHECK YOUR CONTACT INFO: Please be sure your correct email is included on the registration page, that your class registrations are correct and that your email service does not put our notification emails into “junk.” Similarly, please be sure your registration gives your correct primary telephone contact, a cell phone number that is checked frequently is preferred.
- LAST MINUTE CANCELLATIONS: Very occasionally, due to sudden weather problems, unexpected instructor illness or emergency, class must be canceled at the last minute. In these circumstances we will make every effort to notify you by email and by leaving a phone message with you if possible.
- MAKEUP WEEK: Classes cancelled due to instructor illness or absence ONLY will be made up at the end of the year during a "makeup week." Classes during makeup week can also be used to makeup classes missed by students for other reasons, such as illness, auditions, overwhelming schoolwork, etc. We strongly encourage every student to take as many classes on her or his level as possible during makeup week.